At Jersey Shore Hospital, we believe that visiting family and friends helps speed up patients’ recovery times, but when doing so, please consider the following:
• Visiting hours are 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the discretion of the nurse in charge.
• Only two (2) visitors at a time per patient are recommended.
• Children under 12 are allowed to visit with approval of the nurse in charge of the patient.
They must be accompanied by an adult and not left unattended.
• Keep visits brief to avoid tiring the patient.
• Leave when visiting hours are over, when treatment is given, when the doctor visits,
or at the request of the nurse or other hospital personnel.
• Postpone your visit if you have a cold or any infections.
• Preceding surgery, designated visitors may visit regardless of visiting hours.
• You must seek permission from the nurse to stay beyond visiting hours.
• Do not bring food or beverage to patients without first checking with the patient’s nurse,
as there may be diet restrictions.
• Visiting a patient in isolation is permitted, but check with the nurse in charge for help before entering.
• Same Day Unit visitors are limited to two (2) people at a time. Visitors may be with the patient
as much as possible at the discretion of the nurse in charge. Visiting hours are subject to
change as the patient’s condition warrants.
• Our hospital is a latex-free facility; no latex balloons will be permitted within the hospital.