Jersey Shore Hospital's Emergency Department is always ready to provide quick and efficient treatment for acute medical emergencies, injuries and illnesses.
Our Emergency Department team understands that medical emergencies happen without warning and they are always prepared to meet the urgent medical needs of patients of all ages. Our ED's team of physicians, registered nurses and technicians specialize in emergency medicine. They are complemented by a medical staff representing a broad range of primary and specialty physicians 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- ER Physicians, qualified in Medical Command*
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced TraumaLife Support (ATLS) are on-duty 24 hours-a-day, 7 days a week
- Registered nurses, certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- On-call specialists, including, but not limited to cardiology, orthopedics, general surgery, urology, neurology, pediatrics and pulmonology
- Quick and responsive care with minimal wait times
- Care for all ages - infants to older adults
- State-of-the-art cardiac treatment facilities
- 24-hour diagnostic laboratory
- 24-hour Radiology, including spiral computerized tomography (CT) and ultrasound, EKG, EEG and Respiratory Therapy
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Member of Central PA's Poison Control Center