In The News:Blood Bank, Blood Culturing, Coagulation Analyzer, HD Cellular Analysis, Urinalysis Upgrade
Jersey Shore Lab: Outpatient Walk-In Hours
Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Tiadaghton Lab: Outpatient Walk-In Hours
Monday - Friday: 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Visit here for more Tiadaghton Health Services information
Geisigner Jersey Shore Lab
Patients must visit the Main Lobby Registration Desk to register prior to presenting their request to the lab. Our Full Service Diagnostic Laboratory is conveniently located on the first floor.
Phone Number for information and appointments
A physician's order must accompany all requested testing.
All testing is performed anytime during regular business hours.
The Diagnostic Laboratory at Geisigner Jersey Shore Hospital is a full-service, comprehensive program, offering testing of blood, urine, stool and tissue specimens staffed 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week.
Through our relationships with reference laboratories and other vendors, we offer patients at Geisigner Jersey Shore Hospital and neighboring communities a wide variety of testing capabilities, with timely reporting of results to physicians.
- Cholesterol and fasting glucose (blood sugar testing) require an 8-hour fasting period - No food or drink, except water, after midnight
- Lipid profile testing (Cholesterol, Triglyceride LDL and HDL Cholesterol) require a 14 hour fasting period - No food or drink, except water, after 5 p.m. or 14 hour duration.
- Geisigner Jersey Shore Hospital's Lab does not perform Fertility and Paternity testing.
The Glucose Tolerance and Therapeutic Phlebotomy tests are by appointment only. You may schedule your appointment to best fit your scheduling needs by calling Community Wide Scheduling at (570) 398-5279.
Glucose Tolerance Testing:
ALL GLUCOSE TOLERANCE TESTING REQUIRES AN 8 HOUR FASTING PERIOD. No food or drink, except water after midnight.
- Standard GTT (requires approximately 2 ½ hours in lab)
- Gestational Screening (requires approximately 1 ½ hours in lab) - NO FASTING REQUIRED
- Gestational GTT (requires approximately 2 ½ hours in lab)
For questions or concerns about any laboratory testing, please call the Laboratory at (570)-398-5277.